Going through life with different abilities is not always easy, whether it is an acquired condition after stroke, for example, a spinal cord or brain injury, a serious physical injury, or from a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis, or cerebral palsy. The world we live in expects us all to be strong and capable of doing every task every time. Door handles, shower stalls & bathtubs, ATMs, steering wheels, car brakes & accelerators, and even pots and pans assume that we have full function of every limb! Now some of these can be adjusted to help us all get through the day, but others can’t. We at Millennium Health Network can help you maintain your independence by helping you through the day’s tasks. We can help with safekeeping or with full personal care (including maintaining hygiene).
For people with a disability, non-medical home care can be an important part of independent living. Disability assistance can come in the form of in-home care supportive services like meal preparation, transportation and housekeeping or assistance with hygiene and personal care. At Millennium Health Network, we want you to be able to optimize the skills you have and provide added supports to help with those areas you need assistance or guidance with.
Our Care Experts can assist you with:
- Adapting the home environment for safety and independence
- Providing transportation for medical, community and social appointments
- Personal care: grooming, personal hygiene, dressing
- Transfers, mobility and fall reduction
- Meal planning and preparation
- Collaboration with speech, occupational and physical therapists
- Reminders for medication regime
- Enhanced social activity and companionship
- Light household tasks
It is our mission to provide you with the disability care you require and improve your life in any way we can, so give Millennium Health Network a call today. We will give you the excellent assistance you need and deserve.